Autumn is Here

Autumn is Here

Sunday, February 26, 2012

February Stitchy Updates

Ok, I promised a stitching update this weekend.  Fortunately, I didn't say exactly when on the weekend.  Geesh!  It is Sunday evening already!

I have been working on Namaste from Ink Circles.  I am doing one chakra a month.  I have the Crown Chakra and the Third Eye Chakra finished.  I love the colors in this.









Next is my Stitchers 12 Days of Christmas that is a SAL that I am working on with Debbie of  Debbie's Corner. I am really enjoying this one.  Sorry that the picture is not the best.  I thought I had taken 2 pictures but once I downloaded them there was only one there.











And now  even though I didn't get much stitching done this month, I did have a start and a finish.  And it is the same project.  I actually started this one the end of January and finished it the beginning of February but I never had the time to finish it into a true finish.  Eventually it will be framed. Not sure with wood or fabric though.  I thought this was cute and I wanted something a little different to stitch around Valentine's Day.  It is from either the 2008 or 2009 Pattern of the Day calendar.  I don't remember for sure which one it came out of until I check to see which one has it missing from the box.

Now, I have some stash to show. Quite a while ago I was RAK'd by Shelley Thompkins of Shelley's Artsy Fartsy Life.  She is part of the I-Love-Cross-Stitch group on Yahoo.  Shelley, Thank you again so much for all of the stash patterns.








I also won a few giveaways.  First was some Cluny Ric Rac from Nancy at Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe
I picked the Paprika color and although I haven't used it yet, I have placed it in the picture with one of the projects I plan on using it on.  Also, Nancy has a lot of giveaways so you might want to go to her blog and check it out.  She has an online shoppe with lots of pretty goodies.







And I won the Lizzie Kate giveaway for the Winter Limited Edition Scissor Fob, complete with the tiny cute little scissors.  She also included a chart called Hop Squared.  Thank you so very much!!
And I guess I saved the best for last.   Back in early January, the I-Love-Cross-Stitch Yahoo group held a competition on Autumn stitching.  This is the piece that I submitted.  

Well my piece won this competition.  And I received a prize from  Kelly, the List Mum.  She went all out on this prize and I love it.  I received the Coffee Dragon Pattern from X's and O's. Then she added a piece of Hand Dyed 28 ct Jobelan fabric from Polstitches in Green and Purple.  And 6 skeins of Hand dyed varigated floss also from Polstitches.  And she sent the cutest card.  It had everything that I like on it.  A kitty, faeries, a frog (the kind I am ok with and not the kind that will mess with my stitching) and it has purple flowers on it.  Thank you so very much Kelly and also to all that voted for my Autumn Leaves.  

Well that is it for the picture show.  I have 2 other projects that I have worked on this weekend but I won't tell you about them right now.  That might be part of the next post.  We shall see.  I think I need to finish up here so I can finish up the rest of my computer work and get back to stitching.  I have the stitching bug today. Hope my Lil Bit doesn't chase it away as she does with most bugs that she finds.  
Everyone have a great week!!!    Love and Hugs!!!

9 comments:

  1. aww very sweet stitching and great new stash,,
    have fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your finish. Your wins are great and the autumn piece is stunning. Well done on the wips progress, I also love the vibrant colours on Namaste

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your stitching Nancy and the colours on the chakras are lovely.
    What great stash you got!
    I am so glad you liked your prize!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on all your work and your RAKs those are always nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a great update. Your stitching is coming along. I like that Stitchers 12 Days of Christmas. Congrats on all the stitchy wins and RAK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on some beautiful stitching and gifts and prizes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many goodies. I'm drooling! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello

    just found your blog.

    Lovely finish and so many lovely bits for your stash!

    You have some lovely stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I nominated you for an award, check it out here: http://cleejoow.blogspot.com/2012/03/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete